Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Layout - New Me? Probably Not.

I am so proud of myself for learning a new trick on this thing! I know a lot of people who are far more technologically advanced than I already know the ins and outs of every blogsite out there, but this is a start for me.

SO

I leave for Mexico in less than 24 hours now.  I'm a fine mixture of nervous and excited all at the same time.  I mean I know I will only be in Mexico for a day, but still there is something unnerving about traveling.  And here I always say I want to "travel the world!" How cliche can I get? :)
In the spirit of leaving for Mexico, I decided to eat the rest of my leftover Chipotle chips and salsa (the salsa of which I had to go through great measures to enjoy...I won't get into the details and you won't judge me) so I think I'm in the right mindset now!
To get even more in the spirit of Mexico, I found this Margarita Cupcake recipe in The Big Book of Cupcakes that my aunt gave me as a graduation present.  And I state:
  • Makes: 24 cupcakes
  • Prep Time: 45 minutes 
  • Start to Finish: 1 hour and 45 minutes
You will need
  1. 3 /4 cup crushed pretzels
  2. 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  3. 1 tablespoon sugar
  4. 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
  5. 1 1/4 cups nonalcoholic margarita mix (keep it safe, kids!)
  6. 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  7. 3 teaspoons baking powder
  8. 1/2 teaspoons salt
  9. 3/4 cup shortening or butter
  10. 1 2/3 cups sugar
  11. 5 egg whites
  12. 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  13. 1 1/4 cups milk
  14. lime based frosting 
Phew! Now that we're done with that...lessss go!
Heat oven to 350 degrees and place baking cups in the pan
In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt - set it aside
In a large bowl, beat shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds
Add sugar
Add egg whites
Add vanilla
Add lime peel
Mix.It.Up.
Alternately add the flour mixture and margarita mix - mixing until well blended - set aside
 In a small bowl, mix 3/4 cup crushed pretzels with the butter and sugar
Spoon the mixture into each muffin cup

Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups - fill about 2/3's full
Bake 18 to 20 minutes and cool

Now

Frost the cupcakes! 
(sprinkle tops with crushed pretzels for effect)
straw is optional ;)


Mmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment