Thursday, June 30, 2011

Feeling like a Run Away

Okay, So I don't actually feel like a run away...rather, I feel like running away. But, "Feeling like Running Away" didn't float off my mind as smoothly as the actual title I chose.  So, "Honey, we are where we are" - Lorelai Gilmore.
I feel as though I'm slowly crawling out of whatever haze I've found myself in, inch by inch.  Not to be some kind of depressing dress-in-black-because-no-one-understands-me-and-not-because-it's-slimming kind of person, but I just haven't felt myself lately (as stated in my last post).  I think I'm just ready for something different. Something new, something exciting. It's like everywhere I turn, there's something that turns me away.  I want to start my life, but it still scares me to think I'll be leaving here soon.  The comfort blanket of my town is still comfortable, but it's starting to suffocate now.  Not to be dramatic or anything :)
I find myself thinking about chances.  Taking chances, weighing chances, waiting for chances, holding onto chances and never letting go.  Looking up the definition of "chances" on TheFreeDictionary.com, I found, "The unknown and unpredictable element in happenings; an opportunity".
This is what I need more of in my life.  I need to take, seize, look for, find, and embrace the chances in my life.  I need to hold onto the people I want in my life, and let go of those who have done what they needed to do, but can do no more.  I also need to start and finish those thank you notes for my graduation party, but that's on an unrelated note.


We only have so many years to do the things we want to do, to say the things we want to say, and to be with the people we need in our lives.  It's time I stop waiting for whatever moment I think is out there, and take a chance - make my own moment.  It could be the best decision I've ever made.  Or it could be the worst.  That's the beauty of risk taking - you'll never know until you go out and find it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment