Thursday, June 23, 2011

All Aboard!

Just one of the beautiful beaches of Cozumel.
It's finally here! It's time to head to Mexico aboard the cruise ship, Elation :) This is gonna be good.
Yesterday was a day full of travel as my family, friend, and I headed to an airport to...well...get on a plane.  Our first flight was delayed quite awhile and when we finally got on, we were so afraid we weren't going to make our connecting flight to Memphis.  Once we got on, though, some of that "fear" was erased as I looked out the window and saw the world.  You don't truly know how small we really are until you fly.  The world looked like a miniature farmland, you can see the sections of land divided, and you feel so very big compared to the rest of the world.  Then you look again and see the tops of the clouds.  The beautiful clouds that seem so close but so far away on earth seem like just a reach away on a plane.
We got off our first flight with less than 10 minutes to spare and jump on our connecting flight to Mobile, Alabama.  Rushing on the plane, I was ready for round two of take off.
Now, we're in Mobile and in less than an hour and a half we will be boarding the ship that will take us to Mexico.  I have a feeling this cruise is going to be a memorable one to say the least.  I'm so ready for some sun and fun!  AND what's even better, you ask? Oh, just the fact that I get to become reacquainted with my best friend, Mr. Ocean :) It's been way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment