Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tie Dye Tie Dye For

The secret's out. I. Like. Tie. Dye. 
There I said it! Sweet Relief! (Dramatic? Dramatic)
So I was researching tie dye on the in-tra-net the other day (I'm always looking for something new to dye for...hahaha good pun) and I found a site that shows the population how to make...wait for it...it's coming....here it is - Tie Dye Nails! I've tie dyed shirts, as most everyone else in the world has, as well as unmentionables and a pair of shoes.  I'm hooked on dyeing and have been wanting to try to tie dye my nails for awhile now.

Pretty!


This is how you do it.
  1. Pick out three of your favorite colors, but make sure one is a light color or pastel.
  2. Fill a small bowl with a shallow amount of water.
  3. Paint your nails with the lighter color to act as a base.
  4. Take some scotch tape and tape the areas on your fingers around the nail.
  5. Take one of your favorite colors and let the brush drip a few drops into the center of the water, do the same with the other color left allowing it to drop in the middle of the other color.
  6. Take a tooth pick and swirl the colors together.
  7. Take your nail and dip it in the color, then pull out.
  8. Viola! Tie dyed nails to satisfy any hippie at heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment