Thursday, August 4, 2011

Skinny Bitch

I know we have all come across those moments in our lives when all we want to do is change something about ourselves.  Whether it be a nose, a butt, or a belly, we've all been there.  Even the girl oozing with confidence in the center of the room has her bad days.  But, why should we have bad days?  What makes us long for a body another person has when that other person longs for a body someone else has?
Why can't we accept what we have and love it for what it is.
This is something I have been struggling with for the past few months as I'm not as active as I was once upon a summer, and it's starting to show.  Suddenly everywhere I look I see dieting ads, pills, plans, '20 Ways' to get a better, slimmer, more acceptable you.  
And I say...screw it! (I know, I'm classy AND tactful :)
Who cares about fitting in with society's pressure induced impossible standards of beauty? As long as a person is healthy and living their best possible life, that should be all that matters.
Now, don't get me wrong.  I understand the layers and mind games that go along with society's ideals, and I'm not underestimating their powers one bit.  But, for just one day, wouldn't it be such
Relief                                                  Joy
Inspiration
Comfort                                                                             Encouragement
                                         Peace
                                                                                      Confidence
to look around a room and see it full of people just like you who want to be just as free
I think so.
So, for just one day, I say we make it happen.  In our own little ways let's set ourselves up to become all of those words above and more.
One day at a time.
ME. Not chemically enhanced, plasticized, or product ravaged.
Who are you?

3 comments:

  1. mari, this is so cute. great post, chick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your too cute! :) and your skinny, lady! so don't ever forget it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! :) And thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete