Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Homemade Chipotle Burrito Bowl

It can be done!
Recently, I made a trip to Wal-Mart and picked up some Jasmine rice, pico de galo, and a few other things. It was just a normal Wal-Mart raid...but that's beside the point.  When I got home I decided to make some of the rice, but then in a moment of inspiration I added some pico de galo to the mix.  It.Was.Incredible.  It tasted almost exactly like the yummy rice and mild salsa at Chipotle! I instantly knew I wanted to try to recreate an entire Chipotle chicken burrito bowl in my own kitchen.
So I made a plan of attack, and this is how it went down:


  1. To make the basis of your burrito bowl, take some jasmine rice and cook it to the instructions on the bag. Once made, add some fresh cilantro, lime juice, butter, and salt.  Done and done.
  2. Chicken, chicken. chicken - To make the chicken I followed a recipe on Yahoo! Answers.  I cut up my chicken, then browned it in some olive oil, not vegetable oil.  Once that was done I added all of my spices, garlic, and limes and simmered in chicken broth until ready.  That took about 20 minutes.
  3. All that was left was putting it all together! I took a scoop of rice, threw some chicken on top of that, spooned on a good amount of pico de galo, added some cheese (I used a mozzarella and provolone mix), and topped it off with romaine lettuce.  
It was a hit!
http://tinyurl.com/3zneobm
Try This At Home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment