Monday, August 22, 2011

Missing Teeth Monday

    Guess who just got their wisdom teeth taken out? This girl! And let me tell ya, it ain't no picnic in the park.  When I first got to the doctor's office I found out that the way the doctor's put you to "sleep" is by an IV.  I've never, NEVER had an IV before and as of lately I've been psyching myself out about needles.  When I heard that lovely bit of news, I admit, I started crying.  I know, pathetic.  Oops! I even asked the woman who put in my IV to tell me a story to get my mind off of what was happening/going to happen.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she was kind of taken aback, so instead I told her that I would tell a story.  She met me half way and asked if I had any pets.  Just as I was telling her about my beloved puppy, Mac, I was out.  I mean, OUT.
    When I woke up, I was numb to the world and I felt good. It was like coming out of a cloud of happy unawareness.  
Then the happy meds wore off and I was left looking and feeling like this.

Don't I look happy? 
I'm really hoping for a speedy and complications free recovery.  For now, I'm just going to keep watching 27 Dresses...I swear this movie is on TV all of the time haha :)

Peace. <3. and Dry Socket.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahahah - i love this. i remember this. you are a brave woman to post a picture post oral surgery. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all about the honesty :) plus I think I was still a little drugged when writing this post haha. Gotta love oral surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think you look lovely mari! :)

    ReplyDelete