Friday, February 18, 2011

M.I.A.

Wow! It has been a.while. since I have posted.  This is due to my crazy-busy schedule and all of it's fine conflicts.  I can also accredit my absence with the lovely Mr. Flu which I am just now starting to get over.  "Bleck" is right.  I've lost 5 lbs (give or take) out of the whole ordeal, so I'm kinda glad I'm starting to get my appetite back.  Living on crackers and Gatorade isn't nearly as glamorous as the t.v. shows make it out to be.  

So what has been going on in my life, you ask? (Not that you actually asked..."you" being my subconscious.  "You"'re always asking) Well I am proud, proud, PROUD to say that my high school show choir not only received Best Vocals and Best Choreography, but also GRAND CHAMPION at our last show choir competition!!! It was a MAJOR moment for us!! :D  
This weekend I will be going to see Kent Boyd at some theater in Wapak (not totally sure on all the details) and I just know that this will put me in a mental tantrum.  Don't get me wrong, I love watching Kent dance...it's like candy for the soul.  But I know it will unleash the crazy intense desire in myself to dance like he does.  I just want to be incredible at my passion. But maybe this time will be different...
My Show Choir in all their Grand Champ glory!

The senior show choir girls!
Since I am stuck home tonight while my friends are out at one of the last home basketball games (sigh) I got on Facebook and decided to creep on someone who recently friended me.  I am not one of those total freaky creeper people who view profiles in a weird way! I just haven't seen this person, much less talked to them, since junior high.  And wow! I mean, wow!! Turns out this person is a photographer (and an amazing one at that!) who has traveled all over the place and has gotten art awards and....wow!! I was instantly hit with a jealous inspiration!  This person is my age and has already got life figured out with the click of a camera button.  I recently purchased a Holga camera myself and I'm playing around with it now.  I noticed this person also uses a Holga occasionally (I think I may steal some of their ideas, shh! ;)  

One of my greatest wishes is to inspire people. And when I see others like Kent and my recently added Facebook "friend" doing what I wish so badly to do-it makes me want to jump up, rush out the door, and start taking action!! Too bad I'm in my sweats, it's dark out, and no one wants to be around the sick girl. 

Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment