Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chattering Teeth...Frozen Toes...Red Noses-Only In Ohio (And Most Everywhere Else In America)

Snowmageddon: Part 2
Did anyone say, "cabin fever"?  Looks like there may be a reenactment of The Shining up in hee-urr.  The snow and ice have not only been successful in covering the ground, the trees, the houses, and just about any other surface it can grasp it's icy fingers around, it has also started to cover my soul.  (Remember how I said America is The Nation of Hyperbole?)  Chyeah.
I've been filling my new found (and somewhat unappreciated) "down time" with reruns of My Life as Liz, a few iTunes raids (me need new music), and the start of yet another book.
I look outside my window and all I see is...white.  I.must.get.out.  Must? Nay, I.need.get.out.  This house will be my icy grave if I don't find civilization, fast.  (Too far? Too far)
Welcome to Narnia!
Looking at all of this snow makes me miss The Summer of '09.  That was probably one of the best summer's little 'ole me had ever experienced.  Not only because of the people in it, but also because of The Beach.  It was just me, the open sand, the endless ocean, and my dreams stretched out ahead of me like a blank and promising canvas.  That may sound cliche, and believe me...it is.  I'd give anything to be there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment