Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"I got a Nikon Camera and I love to Take a Photograph"



Actually these pictures were taken with a Cannon, but that's besides the point :)

One of my dearest friendlies takes a photography project for her 4-H group every year.
"4-H is a positive youth development organization 
that empowers young people to reach their full potential. A vast community of more than 6 million youth and adults working together for positive change, 4-H enables America’s youth to emerge as leaders through hands-on learning, research-based 4-H youth programs and adult mentorship, in order to give back to their local communities." (National 4-H Council 1902-2010).  
This year, she decided to use our mutual friend and myself as her subjects, and we are all loving the results!


I love trees.  For a long time trees were the central features in my doodles at school...mostly because I couldn't draw anything else.  Except pigeons.  But people give you dirty looks when there are pigeons all over your homework.
A wise woman once said, "Jumping pictures signify a happy person"...or something along those lines.
There is something about chipped white paint that speaks to me.  
I still don't know what kind of weed or plant we are surrounded by, but they glowed and it was magical.  
We found this strange but awesome looking building in the back of a small farm.  It was overrun by plants and I still have no idea what anyone would use a place like this for even if it was functioning.  But, hey...it was an awesome place to take pictures.  
I love this one! She told us to laugh at each other - which would normally be  easy for us, but being told to laugh is much harder than one would think!  However, the result was worth it :)
I run past a field filled with these rolled up hay bales when I go on my daily runs, and I've always thought they would be a verycool place to take pictures.  I was right.








C'est Magnifique

Those thistles were so...thistle-y. 
Yeah, we in a field of hay.  
Looking out into the diiiiistance.  <---Lines to a new song I'm working on.  It's gonna be big.

This one was taken at my grandmother's house in front of her barn.  I love the color of the door and think she did a great job editing this picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment