Monday, July 18, 2011

Have you ever...


Have you ever seen a video, picture, or other form of inspiration and been overcome with the want and need to immerse yourself around that image or concept?  I find that in my life that happens a lot.  And it happened again with this video from choreographer Kyle Hanagami.  I just recently found out about this creative genius through another choreographer's post on Facebook.  I fell in love.  This video features Adele's song "Someone Like You", which has been stuck in my head for the past few days now.  The song and video center around a person who has lost a love. The love interest didn't die, but rather moved on while the other half hasn't.  I think that would be the worst kind of lost love.  When you're frozen in a moment you can't get past, but the one other person you want to be with the most has proven they can get along just fine without you. I want to learn the dance taught at the end so badly because I truly do think this piece can speak to most everyone in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment