Saturday, January 22, 2011

Son of a Bee-sting!

OUCH! I just got my tragus pierced today and let me tell you, it HURTS! It's a little, annoying, burning, pain that spikes up every now and then like a wave in the ocean.  ughh.......
But I'm totally glad I did it, otherwise I would have gone through the rest of my life thinking "what if"...right? I took a friend with me to go get it done at the local tattoo place and they told me that the piercer wouldn't be in till 3:30. 3:30!? It was 12:00! Holy crap, I had mucho time to spare.  So we looked at some dresses in a new boutique, then went to Wal-Mart and made our way to a local Mexican restaurant.  We sat and talked for a really long time until she looked at me and said, "Uh, Mari-that guy is staring at me."  And he was...he was flat out, not even being discrete about it, staring at her...strange. So it was finally time and I was sitting on the piercers table.  He was so funny and really nice, so that definitely put me at ease.  Then he told me to lay back and BAM needle through my ear! I grabbed onto my friend so hard I think I cut off her circulation.  Oops.  And on top of that I started making these weird moaning noises that I was not in control of.  When he was putting the jewelry in I told him, "This is worse than giving birth!" Although I know full well that it isn't.  He confirmed what I already knew and I replied, "Have you ever given birth before!?" He just laughed at me...
Now my jaw kinda hurts and I'm late for a basketball game that I have to play my clarinet for. 
A tragus piercing
But I'm so happy I finally went through with it :) Only time will tell if it was the right decision to make, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment