Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sir Kevin Bacon

That's right.  Kevin Bacon with bacon.
Yesterday, my English teacher asked the class to read essays by Sir Francis Bacon.  This naturally got me thinking about Kevin Bacon, and immediately the melody of "Footloose" floated through my mind.  I personally don't eat the food bacon, but I have come to find that America LOVES bacon...any kind of bacon! Whether you are a scholar and eat up the works of Francis, an avid movie buff who craves Kevin, or just the average pork enthusiast, it seems that everyone loves their bacon.  We can take that one kid from Wife Swap for example.  (He falls under the 'pork enthusiast' category).  This kid freaked out when his "new mom" cleared out the fridge of anything deemed unhealthy, including his precious bacon.  The kid went nuts, exclaiming, "I want my bacon! I got to tell you something, bacon is good for me. She thinks out of the blue she's a smart little girl that she can do whatever she wants. No, that's not how she can do it in our family."  Pretty compelling words. 
And who can resist the swauve moves of one Kevin Bacon?  This man made strides in a small town where dance was forbidden.  What else can this modern-day Superman do?  Answer: everything.  Cause he's Kevin Bacon.
So my friends, bacon and Bacon are very important parts of society that should never be underestimated or degraded. 

Oh, and that Francis guy?  Yeah, don't degrade him either. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment